Raise Your Hand - Corona -- What!?

Raise your hand if your anxiety or any other mental illness is straight up crazy right now.

Raise your hand if you even give a shit (pun intended) which way the toilet paper goes on the holder as long as you were a blessed individual to get some before the hoarders appeared.

Raise your hand if you wish your life was back to normal.

Raise your hand if you have been following the "social distancing" strategy and keeping yo ass at home.

Raise your hand if you have realized how often you wanna pick your nose, itch your eyes or chew your nails.

Raise your hand if you finally have decided to take all of the protocols and virus serious.

Last but not least, raise your hand if you believe that everything will be okay!

*Make sure not to give high fives though*

Working for the school district, obviously my job is on hold. Just the week before spring break, many kids made the joke of wanting the coronavirus to shut down the schools. Who in the hell would have actually thought that would happen?!

Following school closures, prom has now been cancelled. As a good friend said, now how are they supposed to get laid or do the stupid shit that we all had the memories of doing. Granted, they will be apart of history as this is being compared to the Spanish Flu (which apparently the health fields and life was completely different back then). They will be part of what is taught years to come.

I miss my bar friends. Hubbles and Boonies. I miss spaghetti sauce. I miss spam. Like for real though, spam! I don't want the bullshit hamburger helper, I want SPAM.

I can say that I am getting a ton of time with my daughter which by time this is all over with, I may not need to go to the salon because she is pulling my hair along with I WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT!

I will admit, even as a 32 year old adult, I have been taking life granted. Freedom. Hell, toilet paper for granted! Would ya all leave some shit on the shelves? No, really, TP.

In light of all of this, my neighborhood and others are doing a scavenger hunt to keep the kids and families entertained. This last one, we were asked to put a clover outside of our home so the families could count them as they went for walks. Walks are about all we can do outside of the homes anymore.

Be kind. Be supportive. Show love. Check on your friends and family via electronically, especially those who live alone or do have mental illness. We will get through this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Us